Would you like to track your WordPress website forms analytics/conversions?
Analytify Forms Tracking add-on helps you track the number of impressions and submissions on your WordPress website’s forms. This add-on works with popular WordPress form plugins like Contact Form 7, Formidable Form, Gravity forms, Ninja Forms, WP Forms and also tracks Custom WordPress Forms.
A few benefits of using the Analytify forms tracking add-on are:
Note: To start WordPress forms tracking on your website, you must have the Conversion or Developer plan with the Pro version of the Analytify plugin installed and have the “Install Google Analytics tracking code” option from Analytify’s setting turned-on.
Here, we will examine how to install & activate the forms tracking add-on and view forms analytics in Analytify dashboard.
To install and setup the Analytify Forms Tracking add-on, follow the steps given.
1. First, you need to download the plugin file from your My Account page. From the Downloads tab, click on the zip file for the “Google Analytics Form Tracking in WordPress” to start download.
2. After the zip file finishes downloading, go to your website’s wp-admin, from the admin menu, hover over Plugins and click on Add New.
3. Once on the Add Plugins page, click on Upload Plugin button to open the upload plugin panel, click on the Browse button to select the zip file that was just downloaded and click Install Now.
4. When the plugin gets installed, click on the Active Plugin button to activate the Forms Tracking add-on plugin.
5. After the activation of the Forms Tracking add-on, go to Analytify’s Settings page where you will find the Tracking tab.
6. Hover your cursor over the Tracking tab in the menu, a drop-down list will open, click on the Forms Tracking option.
7. After clicking on the Forms Tracking option a new window will open, where you will find a list of forms build with plugins that you can track, you simply need to enable the option of the forms plugin that you want to track and all the forms build in that plugin will be tracked by Analytify.
Note: You can track or enable the tracking of those form plugins that you have Installed and Activate on your WordPress website. For tracking custom forms, they need to have the class
'analytify_form_custom' added to their
<form> tag. Click Here to read more about tracking custom forms.
9. Now enable the tracking of form plugins that you have installed and activate on your WordPress website and click on the Save Changes button and your forms tracking will start.
Note: After the activation and setting up the Analytify forms add-on, it will take a minimum of 24 hours before the data starts populating in Analytify’s WordPress dashboard.
1. Go to your WordPress dashboard and navigate to Analytify –> Forms Tracking.
2. After clicking on the forms tracking in Analytify you will get analytics of your WordPress website forms.
It may take one or two days for Google Analytics to gather data of your form conversions & views. After two days of gathering data by Google Analytics, you can view your form conversions and views in your Google Analytics.
To view the form conversions & view in Google Analytics you need to follow the given steps below.
1. Sign in to your Google Analytics Account
2. Navigate to Behavior –> Events –> Overview
3. Now click on any form under the Event Category & then click on the Event label to view the stats of each form on your website
4. Now click on the form to view the Impressions & Submissions (Conversions)
Note: If you have a form that you are using on more than pages or you want to check that on which page the following form you are using. Simply, you need to set the secondary dimension to Page Title to view the form pages.
You have successfully activated the forms tracking addon and enable the forms tracking on your WordPress website.
If you want to track the different events on your websites like file downloads, affiliate links, and external & internal links tracking, you should check our guide Google Events Tracking.