Would you like to know how to create and track custom events on your WordPress website?
Adding custom events will help you track and measure the performance of the most important internal or external links ( affiliate links, file downloads, calls, & email links tracking ).
Setting up custom events is tricky for beginners. But with Analytify’s events tracking addon you can easily create and track custom events on your WordPress website.
With Analytify, you don’t have to write any code snippet to track different events like (outbound links or external links, affiliate links, etc). In this guide, we will show you how to enable the events tracking addon and how to create and view custom events in Analytify.
Note: To enable the events tracking addon on your website, you have to install and activate the Analytify Pro version on your website.
To enable the events tracking addon in Analytify, you have to perform the following steps:
2. In the add-ons window, you can activate the Events Tracking Addon by clicking on Activate Add-on button. Once it has been activated you will see “ Deactivate add-on ” instead of that green button.
Follow the given guidelines below, to set up the custom events in Analytify:
1. Go to your WordPress dashboard navigate to Analytify and click on the Settings option
2. After clicking on the settings, a new window will open where you have to click on the Tracking option, and after clicking on the tracking option a drop-down menu will open where you will find the Events Tracking option.
3. Now click on the Events tracking option, a new window will open after clicking on the Events tracking Option.
4. In the events tracking window, there is an option Affiliate Links where you can enter your affiliate links/internal links to track as an outbound link with the proper label or name plus you can also track file downloads.
5. Now click on Add Affiliate Link button and add your affiliate links/internal links with label/name for proper tracking
Note: You have to add/insert the slug of the Affiliate link for proper tracking plus you can also track the clicks on external links that you have inserted in your post or page content.
7. For f ile downloads tracking , you need to add the file extensions and use a pipe sign to separate each file extension
To view the analytics of your custom events in Analytify, You need to perform the following steps:
1. Go to your WordPress dashboard navigate to Analytify and click on the Events Tracking
2. Go to your WordPress dashboard navigate to Analytify and click on the Dashboard option
3. In the dashboard window, hover your cursor on Conversions, Drop-down menu will open where you will see the Events Tracking option.
4. Now click on the Event Tracking, a new window will open where you can view the Analytics of your affiliate links and external links in your page or blog post content.
This is how you can set up and track custom events in Analytify without any complicated configuration. Now you know how to set up events tracking in Google Analytics with Analytify to track the performance of different events on your website.