With Custom Dimensions Addon, you can select your own custom data for tracking and display in your Analytify WordPress dashboard.
Custom Dimensions Addon helps you track the following:
- Author Tracking: The author tracking dimension will not only help you identifying which author's post are driving most of the traffic, but it will also identify the average time a user spends on that post.
- Post Type: It will help you track which WordPress post types are performing better in terms of engagement.
- Category: The Category dimension will help you track which sections of your website are performing well and are the most popular sections on your website.
Note: For custom dimensions tracking and setup, you have to install and activate the Analytify Pro version on your website.
In this guide, we will discuss how to enable the custom dimensions addon and create custom dimensions.
How To Enable/Activate the Custom Dimensions Addon
To Enable and set up the Custom Dimensions in Analytify, follow the guidelines given below
- Go to your WordPress dashboard and Navigate for Analytify and click on the Add-ons option.
- In the Add-ons window, you will find a Custom Dimensions Addon, you have to activate the Custom Dimensions addon for the setup of custom dimensions.
3. After clicking on the Activate add-on button, your Custom Dimension add-on is successfully installed on your WordPress website.
How To Setup Custom Dimensions
Follow the given steps to create custom dimensions in Analytify:
- Before setting up a custom dimension, go to your Analytify plugin and click on setting. Now move your cursor to the Tracking tab, where you will find dimensions in the drop-down menu.
2. Now click on Google Dimensions, and you will see a new snippet where you can easily set up the dimensions in Google Analytics.
3. Now click on Add dimensions button and you will see a drop-down list of different dimensions such as Author, Post Type, Category etc. You will be able to get the Dimensions ID you from Google Analytics by creating these dimensions in Google Analytics.
Note: SEO Score and Focus Keyword dimensions will appear if you are using Yoast SEO Plugin on your WordPress website.
Steps to Create Custom Dimensions in Google Analytics
- Go to your Google Analytics Account & click on the admin tab.
- Now head over to Create Property section and click on Custom Definitions where you will find Custom Dimensions, just click on this option.
3. After clicking on the Custom Dimensions, a new window will open with the option New custom dimension, just click on this option.
4. After clicking on the New custom Dimension, a window will open simply add dimension name same as dimension that appears in your Analytify plugin and Create Dimension.
5. After Creating Custom Dimension you will find details of your Custom dimension as following:
Now go to Analytify's setting and hover on the Tracking tab, from the drop-down menu select Google Dimensions.
In this scenario we are adding Author as the custom dimension, therefore we select Author from the drop-down menu and add the Index number retrieved from Google Analytics.
Now click save for the changes to take effect.
How To View Custom Dimensions Analytics in Analytify
If you want to view the Custom Dimensions Analytics in Analytify then you have to follow the given steps below.
- Go to your WordPress dashboard and Navigate for Analytify –> Dimensions
- Select the date range and click on the View stats to view the Dimensions Analytics in Analytify.
This is how you can enable and set up custom dimensions on your WordPress website and view custom dimensions Analytics in the Analytify dashboard.